Obstructive sleep apnea is estimated to affect between 2-9% of adults in the United States every year, but a large amount of sleep apnea cases are believed to go undiagnosed. A few causes of sleep apnea could be associated with any of the following. Hormone abnormalities, family history/genetics, sleeping on your back, smoking, nasal congestion, sedative usage (including alcohol), obesity, or any anatomical characteristics.
Heather Ridge Dentistry uses an alternative to the CPAP to ensure their patients sleep soundly and more comfortably. Our devices are FDA & Medicare-approved.
What are some of the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea?
- Disrupted breathing while sleeping for up to a minute at a time
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Limited attention span during tasks
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Headaches in the mornings